About Me

I am a wife. I am a mother. I am learning. I am growing. Everyday.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

72 hours later...

Still doing this thing. And here are my benefits so far...

Time after last cigarette

Physical Response

20 minutes

Blood pressure and pulse rates return to normal.

8 hours

Levels of carbon monoxide and oxygen in the blood return to normal.

24 hours

Chance of heart attack begins to decreases.

48 hours

Nerve endings start to regrow. Your ability to taste and smell increases.

72 hours

Bronchial tubes relax and the lungs can fill with more air.

2 weeks to 3 months

Improved circulation; lung function increases up to 30%.

1 to 9 months

Decreased rates of coughing, sinus infection, fatigue, and shortness of breath; regrowth of cilia in the airways, increasing the ability to clear mucus and clean the lungs and reducing the chance of infection; overall energy level increases.

Long-Term Effects

After a year, risk of dying from heart attack and stroke is reduced by up to 50%.


It helps to look at this list as a milestone achieved :) I need constant reinforcement for things I accomplish and it seems looking at something like this is really beneficial for me!!!! (As I chomp away on a piece of gum).

Overall, I'm alright. I finally took a bath and it felt great!

Relaxing and overall just good.

I cooked a really great dinner tonight, although not the healthiest, but it was tasty. I ate a lot of salad and, believe it or not, I've not been overly hungry. I was sooo hungry when I started cooking, but then when I started to eat, I really wasn't.

I have yoga in the morning, which I'm anxious to see if I feel any differently tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment