About Me

I am a wife. I am a mother. I am learning. I am growing. Everyday.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wow!

As down as my earlier post sounded - I feel really good right now.

The kids and I went to class tonight - karate. The warm up is a rather hardcore group of exercises that I've always been able to do, but got rather winded and there was one part that I could barely get through!

You see, there is this insane set of push ups that has elements of yoga in it. You stand straight, palms facing out and tucked right in front of your armpits, inner arms stuck to your sides. You fall in a straight line to the floor and you go from there to downward dog position, then into a pushup position, then you look left, raise your left leg, look right, raise your right leg, go from there back into downward dog position, then to I think it's called cobra position?, then back to dwd position and start all over again. This is done at a pretty quick pace. When you are done with the 5 reps (thankfully I'm only in the kids class - adult class does 10!!!) while your palms are still flat on the ground you jump up with your knees between your arms and go right to kick backs - this means your arms support all your weight and you sweep your body (kick it) back into a straight line and jump back up between your knees.

Yes, it is insane. Well, by the kickbacks would start, I'd be so winded and exhausted that I just couldn't do them - I'd get half of them, if that...well tonight I did them all and my daughter actually commented on it! She asked me how I was able to do them so fast! I swear it all has to do with not smoking!

Y'all just watch what I can do soon enough....dun dun dun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment